Posted on December 30, 2017 at 10:10 AM
We know that the holiday season heightens the emotions of loss when one has experienced the loss of a loved one, whether this year or many years ago. One of the tools that is beneficial during this time is using holiday grief affirmations. Here are affirmations taken from Dora Carpenter’s book, Coping with Holiday Grief:
- I embrace each day of the holiday season with love and gratitude. Love for myself, which I will extend to others. Gratitude for the many blessings I receive daily.
- I accept that this holiday will be different, but will have new meaning.
- I let go of thoughts of how I wish things were this holiday.
- I will make this holiday season a time of peace and reflection.
- I will cherish the gift that my loved one’s life and legacy has been to me.
- I am powerfully, fearlessly, and wonderfully made and capable and deserving of a fulfilled, happy, and meaningful life.
- I seek to find what I am to learn, where I am to grow, and how I am to serve.
- I look forward to my future with new expectations.
- I maintain good self-care with proper nutrition, exercise, relaxation, sleep, and stress management.
- I devote time for spiritual meditation and reflection.
- I embrace love, peace, and joy in myself, my family, my friends, and the world.
- I am happy that I am making a difference in my life and the lives of others.
- I now breathe new life into my heart and soul and commit to greet each day with love and gratitude.